I recently graduated from UCLA's Fielding School of Public Health where I pursued a master's degree in Environmental Health Sciences. During my time in graduate school I conducted research on green roofs and urban heat islands, was a finalist in the 2019 Patagonia Case Competition, and earned a graduate certificate for Leaders in Sustainability while maintaining a 3.86 grade point average.
- Patagonia Case Competition Finalist 2019
- Corporate Partners Program - Supply Chain Sustainability(IoES)
- Master's Thesis on the impact of Sedum Species on Thermal Performance of Green Roofs in a Mediterranean Climate
At UC Davis, I specialized in natural resource management which laid a foundation for my professional experiences to follow.
In my current role at Buro Happold, I’m a sustainability and climate action planner for cities, communities, and campuses. I utilize my academic and professional backgrounds to inform climate vulnerability assessments, adaptation plans, GHG reduction strategies, and more.
As a technical consultant at Global Green, I provided technical assistance for clients applying to the California Strategic Growth Council’s Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program (AHSC). I updated and optimized the Green House Gas (GHG) emission reduction quantification process in accordance with 2015-2016 AHSC program guidelines. Created an analytical tool to help provide insight on the effectiveness of various GHG reduction strategies toward maximizing project competitiveness.
I also developed an analytical tool that helped cities assess their preliminary standing and eligibility for the Sustainability Tools for Assessing and Rating (STAR) Communities certification.
During my time as a graduate student researcher, I assisted in developing evaluation plans for grantees of the Strategic Growth Council’s Transformative Climate Communities (TCC) Program. This included research and writing in topics related to community-based sustainability (transportation, housing, energy, water, food, health and well-being, and urban greening).
As a researcher for the Center for Aquatic Biology and Aquaculture, I assisted with the collection and analysis of data for a behavioral ecology research on Gerridae, and developed and tested a personal and independent hypothesis in a secondary research trial.
As an Environmental Specialist at Senior Aerospace, I managed the Burbank Facility site’s ISO 14001 program and held title as the lead internal auditor. I also created a comprehensive environmental compliance logging system or tracking and analyzing all daily, weekly, and monthly inspections/reports related to environmental compliance.
- Air: Achieved and maintained compliance with permitted equipment and applicable AQMD rules. Drafted and submitted permit applications – including necessary data analysis, research, and Health Risk Assessments. Completed and submitted reports such as the Annual Emissions Report (AER), and led the Rule 2202 Employee Commute Reduction Program.
- Water: Conducted observations and assessments, ensured implementation of best management practices, and maintained compliance with the industrial general permit (IGP).
- Waste: Managed the site’s hazardous waste, including record keeping, reporting, and labeling, handling, and storage of waste. Led and assisted in various waste reduction projects.
As an intern for Sustainable Works, I designed and implemented the Greening Program’s new sustainability survey, and created a new web-based platform for housing the survey, results, and additional information.
- Graduate Certificate for Leaders in Sustainability
- Qualified Industrial Stormwater Practitioner (QISP) - License 00229
- State Water Resources Control Board, July 2016 – Present
- Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC)
- South Coast Air Quality Management District, November 2015 - Present
- Hazardous Materials Training
- Department of Transportation, July 2015 - July 2018
- Hazardous Waste Handling & Emergency Procedures Training, July 2015 - July 2016
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Economics
- Climate Change
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Creative Problem Solving
- Writing and Designing Reports
- Teamwork and Leadership Skills
- Social Networking and Communication Skills
Software and Programs
- MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- ArcGIS / QGIS
- GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)